Postman is looking for Engineering Interns to be part of its Platform team that builds and maintains the building blocks that power the services and products used 5+ million users.
As an intern you get the unique opportunity to step into the the workings of an industry leading organisation.
You will be mentored by our Senior Platform Engineers to understand technologies, methodologies of working while you will coordinate with others to build meaningful software that would eventually go into production. Through this, many of our interns have eventually moved forward to take bigger responsibilities – Spotlight on Engineering: Ankit Muchhala – Postman Blog.
You would be working within the Platform team of Postman, which comprises of other Platform Engineers, Data Engineers and Security Researchers. The internship is based out of Bangalore to one of our Engineering Managers and the VP of Engineering.
As a Platform Engineer Intern, you will be doing the following:
- Work with Platform Engineers in Cloud to implement new features and fix issues with DevOps solutions stack
- Work with Platform Engineers in Data to build integrations on high-velocity data pipelines.
- Work with Platform Engineers to build and maintain NodeJS Platform components and open-source components at http://github.com/postmanlabs
- Build Postman Collections to monitor quality and reliability of Postman’s product and services.
Strong programming skills.
- Worked with setting up and working with high-level languages such as PHP, NodeJS, Python
- Worked on academic and personal learning projects to build a working prototype.
- Write or maintain an online technical journal such as a blog.
- Contribution to open-source products on platforms like GitHub to fix issues.
Postman leads the way in the API-first universe. Postman’s API Development Environment is used by 5 million developers and more than 100,000 companies to access 130 million APIs every month. More than 600,000 users of Postman daily interact with Postman’s services to store information about their APIs and collaborate among team members using the services provided by Postman.
Job/req. ID: A622CB14E4
Location: Bangalore, KA