We are seeking a motivated student to hire for our Process Engineering Internship opportunity. You will be responsible for completing several small process engineering projects. You will also be applying concepts learned in engineering and engineering-related classes to applications in the field. Submission for funding of projects as well as project status reports will be required.
As the Process Engineering Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for personal safety as well as the safety of any contractors working on projects with a goal of completing projects with zero safety or environmental incidents
- Attending daily leadership team meetings and monthly safety meetings
- Managing small capital projects for concept, design, estimating, proposal submittal, purchasing, installation, start-up, commissioning, documentation, training, and closure while continuously supporting improvements and initiatives to better the projects
- Identifying growth and cost savings projects to give directly to the productivity and costs associated with manufacturing
- Building an environment conducive to teamwork with other specialists and employees
- Being able to produce and give effective presentations
The Process Engineer Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Are well-organized with leadership potential and have good communication, by having the ability to effect change through persuasion and reason and deal with ambiguity
- Have proven the ability to work as a team member with a variety of people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to deliver results in a very significant and energizing environment through multi-tasking, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and having an analytical mind
- Are a self-starter with a strong work ethic that values high levels of integrity and authenticity with a dedicated and creative personality that wants to succeed
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree program in Chemical Engineering with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Ability to learn/understand the corn wet milling process, and the systems and principals involved in its operation
- Ability to tackle problems, identify improvement opportunities, implement action plans and follow-up to ensure results
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical information and prepare concisely written reports
- Proven analytical problem solving, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Experience with PC Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
Job/Req. ID: 07680