About the role: The Engineer drives the development of early stage product concepts and projects by applying higher level engineering or scientific expertise in the early stage development and prototyping of medical devices. This individual works independently and interacts cross functionally to understand unmet needs, design solutions, prototype, test, and execute deliverables according to business needs. He/she applies hands on mechancial/electrical skills to develop novel, creative, patentable solutions and works across disciplines and Divisions to execute to completion.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with a passion for medical technologies and early stage R&D, coupled with a good understanding of the business and an entrepreneurial mindset. Further, this individual will have a good level of knowledge and demonstrated real-world application of engineering and can seek out and develop partnerships to help determine strategies in this fast-moving field.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Support the design and development of minimally invasive, innovative concepts and solutions that aid in planning, internal organ/tissue access, localized delivery, and treatment that safely improves the health and reduces the cost of caring for patients around the world.
- Design and create prototypes using in-house rapid prototyping capabilities and by collaborating with our global teams and centers of excellence.
- Combines mechanical/electrical theory with highly skilled, hands on, experience.
- Proposes and evaluates application of new targets for research/projects in alignment with business needs across functional areas.
- Identifies business need for, may be a primary or contributing author to, and may be an editor of, publications, posters, presentations, and internal documents; submits documents according to guidelines.
- Practices legal boundaries surrounding information sharing and documenting; may lead brainstorming for intellectual property; may initiate legal agreements; may submit IP disclosures.
- Mentors on technical or scientific areas of expertise (e.g. experimental design, data analysis, and scientific techniques); serve as a subject matter expert.
- Designs/documents complex experiments/protocols (e.g. DOE) to align with project goals, both internal and external; develops experimental path to meet proof of concept.
- Completes complex data analysis; for self and others, identifies and addresses problematic, potentially systematic, data; critiques results in relation to historical data; develops modified experimental paths based on results as appropriate.
- Completes project deliverables; identifies levers for go/no go decisions and incorporates them into project plan; typically serves on projects of higher impact.
- Identifies what resources are required to meet project milestones; makes recommendations to team leader for project resource needs within function.
- Schedules, facilitates, and follows up on meetings.
- Initiates and manages external collaborations/contracts relevant to project goals.
What are we looking for in you:
- MS or Ph.D. in Engineering with hands on mechanical and electrical expertise.
- Knowledge of medical technologies including devices, diagnostics, and imaging
- Broad exposure to medical devices and applications
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Entrepreneurial experience, attitude, and business acumen
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Job/Req. ID: 438638
Company: Boston Scientific
Location: Gurgaon, HR