Lead and execute Installation and Receiving of wind turbine components. This position plays a key role in identifying, quantifying and mitigating execution risks in wind power projects through innovative customized technical solutions.
The Specialist – Installation is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity.
- In this role you will follow an individual work plan and meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Be expected to work from site. Sites are typically in remote locations.
- Drive excellence in EHS, Targets, cost and quality
- Handle heavy lift cranes 600MT and above.
- Responsible for Installation of complete Wind turbine components and its associated parts.
- Site feasibility study for Wind turbine Installation includes Route survey, Crane stand positions and prepare Lift plans of crane.
- Assist and advice the customer/Installer to ensure mechanical and electrical installation as well as final Inspections are performed in accordance with the installation Guidelines.
- Troubleshoot & removal/repair of failures on WTG in consolation with the site Installation Lead.
- Initiate all required permits for site operations.
- Control of Wind turbine Generator material management at site.
- Inspect and conditional storage of Wind turbine components at site.
- Create an environment that builds teamwork, drive effective reporting, communications and facilitates success in compliance with all GE policies
- Ensure the work is performed at projects are in accordance with GE Wind established processesand procedures.
Bachelor”s degree/ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college with at least 1 year of experience
- Willingness and ability to travel, relocate Pan India and globally
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a valid passport
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated leadership skills to create a vision, communicate and drive individuals
- Customer and partnering interface skills
- Technical knowledge in Mechanical assemblies
- Ability and willingness to work within a matrix organization and team atmosphere
- Effective Communicator – works well in team environment. Independently do Route surveys and design Crane stand positions.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
Job/Req. ID: 3198338