Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret firmware requirements correctly to come up with test designs that provide comprehensive coverage, and ensure requirement-to-test traceabilityIdentify scenario-based tests that cover individual Firmware requirements as well as interactions between multiple requirements / features / modulesDebugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Identify effective and efficient mode of test implementation, prepare script-based automated FW testing routines, and create high quality procedures to implement the test designs.
- Participate in the review activities and perform high quality reviews. (Example: test design, test procedures, test results, requirements etc.) .
- Participate in the formal execution of test procedures and follow the established processes prior to, during and after the test execution.
- Participate in System Verification and Validation activities and maintain high quality documentation of the testing results
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.Experience working in Storage sector (strongly preferred) or in a regulated industry.
- Experience with tools for automation testing.
- Understanding of PCB design, schematics, layout.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python or TclUnderstanding of SW-HW interfacesAble to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural global teams.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature.
About Western Digital:
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
Job/Req. ID: JR-0000044055
Company: Western Digital
Location: Bangalore, KA