The candi team is looking to recruit a PV Design Engineer who will take initial system concept ideas and turn them into detailed construction-ready designs. The ideal candidate will have worked on commercial roof top and utility-scale solar projects with oversight of technical design aspects of projects, including but not limited to: evaluation of different solar technologies available in market, enhancing system design, creating bill of material/quantity, taking the lead in shaping the company’s overall technology strategy and growth, etc.
This is a unique opportunity to join a seasoned team of professionals structuring a new global venture. The candidate will therefore have a platform to help mould the company’s strategy as it rolls out its offering in different regions. We offer attractive packages with benefits beyond salary. We offer work with meaning and success, a culture of flexibility, respect and responsibility, as well as a balance between work and life.
The candidate will be expected to work in Chandigarh and will have to travel periodically pan India for site visits. Candidates with an interest in being based elsewhere within candi’s geographical reach are also encouraged to apply.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Oversight of engineering PV system design using computer aided design (CAD), site assessment, yield assessment and project implementation
- Carrying out and reviewing detailed electrical calculations / technical sizing and creating bill of materials for projects.
- Iterating designs until design approval obtained from client and government authorities.
- Execution and review of energy yield assessments, using Helioscope and/or PVsyst. (Helioscope experience desired)
- Carrying out site visits pan India to understand project and client drivers and requirements.
- Coordinate with on-site staff related to design to carry smooth execution during installation and commissioning of PV plant.
- Engineering degree/diploma from a reputed institute
- 1- 3 years of experience in solar industry (package/responsibilities dependent on experience level)
- Planning, assessment and design of DC and AC side of PV plant
- Preparation of BOM / BOQ with technical specification of equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to carry out design calculations including but not limited to: AC & DC voltage drop, string sizing, cable sizing, shading-itra-row distances, etc..
- Prepare drawings for AC & DC sides of the plant/array layout, SLD, equipment layout, earthing layout, water pipeline layout, module mounting structures (MMS) drawing
- Site survey pan India, preparing site visit reports with detailed observations and notes from site visits
- Designing of DCDB and LT/HT panel
- Working knowledge of Autocad, PVsyst, Helioscope, Sketchup, shading analysis and other solar energy yield assessment tools
- Knowledge of PV system at the following AC voltage levels: 0.440/11/22/33/66 KV .
- Knowledge of module chemistries and their selection, inverter types and their selection, and MMS for rooftop/ground mount projects.
- Coordination with client and execution team for smooth execution, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfort in client-facing situations.
Candi is an innovative, professionally managed, fast growing company focused on the installation, financing and operation of commercial and industrial (“C&I”) rooftop solar PV in South Asia, SE Asia and Africa. The organization has developed a strong portfolio of projects and counts amongst its clients some of the leading industrial groups in India. www.candi.solar
If you are interested in doing work which has an impact, stepping up to become a leader and an entrepreneur in a fast-moving sector, and joining a diverse team of motivated professionals, candi is interested in your application.