We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team. As a Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for the migration and management of traditional infrastructure to a cloud-based automated infrastructure
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operation engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS through lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
- Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
- Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
- Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
3 – 5 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
- Familiar with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Shell, Python, Groovy, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
- Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef) desired
- Experience using/operating Hashicorp Vault/Consul desired
- Knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies is a plus
- In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github)
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, NAT Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts, highly desirable
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
What SHL Can Offer You:
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
- The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world’s leading executives.
Job/Req. ID: JR000075
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana