HP is looking for University students enrolled in a Masters advanced degree program who are working in a technical or non-technical internship role at HP during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
The candidate will be engaged in a variety of data collection, analytic, programming and reporting related projects, to support HP Inc.’s Quality and Customer Experience improvement programs. The candidate will work both independently and in a global, team environment. Work requires confidence in programming, mathematics and the ability to coordinate and execute data collection, processing, reporting and analytics projects.
Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Research, identify and collect data from multiple sources
- Consolidate and clean data to prepare for statistical analysis and visualization
- Conduct statistical analysis to correlate the strength of relationship between customer experience, financial and process measures
- Participate in processes to automate data collection into data warehouses
- Build models to predict revenue growth from customer experience and process metrics
- Evaluate suitability of metrics and measures for analysis, inclusion in scorecards and for improvement efforts
- Publish periodic progress reports (project status and scorecards)
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree. 1st year of Master’s program completed; strong preference for Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or Mathematics degrees
- Basic programming skills. Preferably Java, Python and SQL
- Experience in data extraction, data cleansing and preparation, text analytics, data mining.
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis including correlation and multivariate regression
- Strong verbal and written communication (Fluent in English)
- Skills to manage smaller projects to successful completion
- Learn quickly; translate school or other knowledge into practical application
- Experience working with small teams to accomplish shared objectives
- Analysis & Modeling: 2+ years of experience building statistical models (e.g. linear & logistic regression, time series, SVM, etc.)
- Data: 2+ years of experience working with databases (relational, map-reduce, columnar) writing SQL code to extract, manipulate and analyze.
- Ability to streamline and automate data collection and onboarding tasks using programming skills
- Familiarity with API’s and various Db connectors to onboard data
- Progress toward advanced degree or other relevant work experience considered a plus
Job/Req. ID: 3040247
Location: Bangalore, KA
This job is no longer available, search other active jobs on Home Page.