Macquarie is building its next generation bank-wide data platform. It will feature:
- real-time, near-real-time and batch data processing
- structured and unstructured data
- self-service reporting
- real-time and ad-hoc data analytics
- It will span our public cloud, private cloud and on-premise hosting globally.
This is a combined role of managing development and operations activity for an application. This helps to drive a smooth interaction of developer and operations in order to provide a stable environment to business.
We need your technical skills and experience as our mid-level java developer / solution designer to drive this programme forward to success.
This is a green-field project, so you will have an excellent opportunity to help design and drive how Macquarie stores and uses it data for years to come. The future is in your hands.
- design and architect technical solutions for the next generation data platform
- hands-on Java development
- oversight within the development team to ensure successful delivery of the solutions
- develop a deep understanding of the internal data domains and systems
- engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders at other geographic centres around the world effectively to drive the right solutions in line with the target architecture
- Take ownership of operational issues and perform both short-term resolution, and development of preventive measures for the longer term
- Responsible for application flow, including configuration, scheduling control and scripting.
- Knowledge of Java, Linux, and MarkLogic is an advantage.
- Proactively monitor system health and respond to alerts to provide high availability and performance of the application set including automation of healthchecks
- Responsible for Problem, Change, Incident management and automation of application/system monitoring
- Conduct capacity planning and management review on the application set.
- Contribute and deliver Operational improvement projects. Identify potential threats and mitigate risks, act as a guardian of production services and change procedures are followed
- Strong technical expertise in Java 8, Concurrency, Rest Services, Spring, Spring boot, Microservices architecture, Junit, Cucumber/automation test framework and Unix/Linux skills.
- AWS and MarkLogic experience is an advantage
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and industry trends (NoSQL, Big Data etc.)
- design and architecture experience that you’ve gained on real world projects
- Delivery focus, with an agile software development methodology background and mindset, along with experience with relevant development tools (JIRA, etc.).
- A quick-thinking problem solver, able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to day-to-day incidents
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- willingness to be hands-on as required to get the job done
- experience working on large Data Warehouse implementations
- experience working on AWS platform and cloud formation scripting
- experience with MarkLogic or similar NoSQL database technologies
- experience migrating across relational and NoSQL databases in a scalable and cost effective manner
- experience working with globally distributed teams
- experience working with and defining canonical data formats
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please apply via the following link – alternatively please email your application through to email@example.com. Salary commensurate to experience.
COG Technology manages Macquarie’s enterprise-wide platforms and provides business specific technology development for the businesses. Collaboration is core to how we operate in Technology: as a team we partner with the business to provide technology strategy and direction across the multiple disciplines comprising architecture, applications development, workplace technology, production management and infrastructure technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion – our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Founded in 1969, Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. Our long history of success has come from being different. We value the creativity that diversity of thought brings and we promote an innovative and entrepreneurial culture. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, HR, technology and market operations to drive operational excellence. Technology provides business-aligned account management, software development and manages Macquarie’s enterprise-wide technology. Find out more about COG.
http://www.macquarie.com/in/corporate (Company website)
Job/Req. ID: 943984
Location: Gurugram. HR
Job category: Software/IT