- Should be able to lead small and medium size projects, and systematically conclude work packages with sound R&D methodology.
- Build a strong relationship with manufacturing plants and external customers and focus on process optimization and innovation through cost reduction and improved Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) standards.
- Understand glass processing needs at customer facilities; optimize and transfer technical solutions to application engineers.
- Should be capable of optimizing the process based on the analysis of data for structure-property relationship; Experience in failure analysis is a plus.
- Work on improving, developing and implementing processes & characterization methods; document results through use of laboratory notebooks, technical memos, research reports and SOP’s and present the findings in oral and written forms.
Qualification and Experienced required:
- Knowledge and experience in in heat treatment, thermal and optical properties of inorganic materials (thin films and coatings).
- A customer-voice driven mentality is required for the position.
- Project leadership including: project management, experimental design, problem solving and teamwork.
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix structure with people from a wide range of backgrounds including business, manufacturing, research, engineering, marketing, process technicians, and operators.
- Ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously
- Experience with vapor deposition coating processes is a plus.
- Masters/ Ph. D. in Materials Science/Metallurgy/Ceramics/Chemical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary to communicate with the plant, with customers and to report progress on projects.
Total number of position: 1
Job/Req. ID: N/A
Company: Saint Gobain
Location: Chennai, TN
Please send in your applications to Vidhya.R@saint-gobain.com