About the Job:
As an Akamai Associate Media Operations Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. You will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies). You will be working directly with our customers’ technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
This is not your typical technical support position. You will be intimately involved in all technical aspects of Akamai’s products and services and be critical to our customer relationships. You will work closely with the rest of the support team and engineering to share knowledge, deliver the best possible service for our customers, and improve Akamai by developing ideas based on customer feedback. As a member of this team, you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support. In addition you may be assigned a set of Strategic Accounts to manage their technical requirements.
About the Team:
You will be part of Akamai’s best-in-class BOCC Team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support.
- As an MOE you’ll be instrumental, in managing Live Events for some of the biggest Media/ OTT players in the World.
- Using state of the art tools, you will proactively identify issues and mitigate them. Ensuring a seamless streaming experience for millions of viewers, Globally
- Clearly communicate with customers via telephone, email, and occasional face-to-face contact to ensure that you understand the issue and they understand the resolution
- Work independently with our customers’ technical teams on post-sales technical issues. The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from Akamai’s distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between Akamai and the customer’s infrastructure
- Work closely with and manage issue-specific cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Operations, Sales, Professional Services, and Account Management representatives
- Design and implement solutions to address a given customer issue after gathering & understanding customer requirements
- Assume a technical account management role for designated named accounts or strategic customers by analyzing existing technical issues and proposing solutions for the customer
- Manage custom support of special high-profile network events
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Sciences (MIS), or relevant engineering/science fields.
Work Experience: 0.6 to 1 Year
- Basic knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, Streaming, etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to positively influence the actions of others, working as a team player
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex, highly technical issues, often under time pressure
- Creative and able to think ‘outside of the box’
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Self-motivated and passionate about what you do, striving for results constant
- Familiarity with following technologies will be added advantage:
o Streaming (Flash, HTTP Live Streaming, etc.)
o J2EE (using Tomcat and/or Websphere) or .NET architecture
o Web Services (SOAP, XML)
o Configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a
o dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.)
o SQL and databases
Job / Req. ID: 013640
Location: Bangalore, KA