Emerging technologies, require a certain amount of exploration and experimentation before their true use cases can be discovered. Our vision is to empower enterprise using drones. However at this point in the technological adoption cycle, the true value proposition is still an unknown. Therefore, we get to do the exploration and experimentation that will hopefully come to define enterprise drone use cases.
As a computer vision specialist, there is an incredible amount of scope in what can be done. As most drone data is in the form of images of some sort, majority of the insights that we can provide would benefit from the application of computer vision technology. From automatically identifying roads, buildings and trees, to detecting cracks in solar panels, and counting crops, computer vision is at the core of a large part of the value that we can provide as a drone solutions enterprise.
We are looking for the kind of person that understands what computer vision is all about. The person who can go deeper than simply browsing through OpenCV documentation and throwing all the pasta at the wall until something sticks. Someone who has an idea of what computer vision is good for, who can select the right approach for the right problem, understand when it will work and when it won’t, and know why it is the right solution. Someone who derives pleasure in doing a task, and doing it right.
You will get to learn new things across domains, experiment and iterate on different value propositions and build plenty of small prototypes, and as the requirements mature, build robust algorithms that take all edge cases into account, and provide high quality results and tangible real world value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Constantly research, prototype and build solutions to computer vision problems.
- Actively find new solutions that we can provide to industry-specific problems.
- Build prototypes to display new analysis and insight.
- Build new tools to streamline the overall process flow as requirements develop.
- Add new features to existing tools.
- Strong command over all computer vision related use-cases, algorithms and approaches.
- Familiar with different machine learning algorithms and when to use them.
- Comfortable with scripting tasks for data cleaning and preparation.
- Ability to write clean, concise and well documented code.
- Familiar with version control, writing tests and writing documentation.
- Open to learning new technologies and languages.
- Comfortable working in a low monitoring/guidance environment.
- Strong sense of initiative, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Basically we’re looking for people who are passionate about solving problems, and doing things the best way. If this this like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job/Req. ID: N/A
Company: Skylark Drones
Location: Bangalore, KA
Note: You need to sign-in to Linkedin to apply for this job
This job is no longer available, search other active jobs on Home Page.