This position will be responsible for mechanical design of wide range of flight test installations including data system racks, data acquisition system equipment, cameras, sensors, access provisions and wire routes.
- Designs are typically documented using CATIA V5 workbenches and maintained in a variety of Boeing & BT&E databases.
- This position leads and provides technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical, fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design relating to flight instrumentation. Leads the development, maintenance or modification of system components’ designs/proposals to provide flight installation and detail documentation. Develops and manages the Engineering Releases to meet Drawing Release Schedule timelines
- Selected candidate shall assist perform and document analyses of various Flight Test equipment and assemblies. Coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Stress, etc) to ensure safety of designs. This position shall be responsible for preparing technical documents using analytical approaches and performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of various Flight Test equipment and assemblies.
- Candidate helps in managing supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
- The candidate shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. Contribute to productivity improvement through use of Quality Management System and lean principles.
- This positions supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- This position will be located in the Boeing Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India and reports to the Senior Manager, Boeing Test & Evaluation India.
- Knowledge of tools such as CATIA, Creo, NX, etc., PDM/PLM (ENOVIA) and
- Manufacturing systems. Proficiency in tubing design, sheet metal, electrical routing, rack build, wiring diagrams, etc. would be added advantage.
- Knowledge of sensors & instruments used in testing environment
- Knowledge in design of flight test instrumentation, experimental models, mechanisms, prototypes, test rigs and fixtures.
- Good engineering discipline with demonstrated ability to start with requirements, design & development and release to meet the requirements.
- General awareness of different instruments such as pressure sensors, thermocouples, strain gages, data loggers, etc and their design, performance and integration.
- Ability to perform classical hand calculations. Knowledge of structural design, mechanical design, aerodynamics, stress analysis, dynamics, fluid power systems, propulsion/fuel systems, material properties, environmental conditioning and test instrumentation.
- Awareness of Industry standards for structural, mechanical, environmental and materials testing of coupon, element/LRU, systems and subcomponents.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics.
- Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Engineering CAD tools: Expertise in CATIA V5 / CREO / UG – ENOVIA / WINDCHILL / TEAM CENTER
- Generative shape design, Part design, Assembly design, Sheet metal design, Tubing, Drafting,
- Drafting: Proficiency in drafting standards (ANSI Y14.5M-2009), GD&T, design for manufacturability
- Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Language: Fluency in reading, writing & speaking in English
Bachelor or Master from an accredited university in engineering preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace with 2 to 6 years’ experience in aerospace domain.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems. BT&E-India based in Bangalore, India is an integral part of BT&E and is engaged in engineering design build in areas including flight and ground testing of completed full-scale products and more.
Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in areas such as Flight Test Instrumentation of existing production aircraft for testing purposes.
Job/Req. ID: 1800097715
Company: Boeing India Private Limited
Job posted on: 5 December 2018
Location: Bangalore, KA