- Accountable for ensuring the overall business continuity, quality assurance and performance of the IT Hardware Engineering Design Environments to fulfill the business stakeholder needs and to meet the IT Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for the implementation of tool & process releases (lifecycles), change management, execution of R&D IT requests, solution design, process documentation and continuous service improvement of the Hardware Engineering Environments.
Support and enhance one of two HW Engineering environment roles:
- All circuit board design & simulation applications. Including creation & maintenance of unified user SW packages for installations, custom configurations, scripting short cuts, and setting environmental configurations when running tools from a central regional host (via VNC). Some level of expertise required for each tool, which mainly comprise these vendor’s related products: Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Keysight, Onespin, Polar, AWR & Ansys.
- All mechanical design & simulation applications. Including creation & maintenance of unified user SW packages for installations, custom configurations, scripting short cuts, and setting custom site environmental configurations. Some level of expertise required for each tool, which mainly comprise these vendor’s related products: PTC, Mentor FloTherm, Catia & Ansys.
- Works closely with the Service Owner, Service Partners & the Global Concept Owners to plan R&D improvements. Ensure understanding of scope & item content and their implications on the end-to-end processes (including costs)
- Actively seeks for cost saving measures (automation, improved process/flow, etc.), drive change, motivate participants and commit to stakeholders.
- Simulation tools and environments (servers and small GRIDs)
- Managing goals and objectives in matrix organizations
- Having LEAN/6-Sigma grade is preferred
- Customer Focus
- Decision quality
- Integrity & trust.Design tools such as Mentor Expedition, Cadence Allegro, Keysight ADS & Onespin or PTC Creo, Catia, FloTherm & Ansys
Qualification & experience:
Experience & understanding of Hardware Engineering environments & processes:
- Experienced in international IT projects is preferred.
- Using, administering & supporting PCB or Mechanical design tools, including installing SW, custom configuring the apps, performing upgrades, process flows, library mgnt, documentation & etc.
- Using, administering & supporting Design Data Mgnt tools, including architecture & installation, configuration, upgrading & etc.
- PLM systems such as Mentor EDM Library (formerly DMS) & EDM Design or PTC Windchill/PDMLink
- Expertise in automating and scripting for Windows & Linux environments to automate engineering tools & processes. Especially with scripting interfaces & automation for Mentor Expedition flow or Creo/Windchill.
Job/Req. ID: 1800000RN1
Location: Bangalore, KA