Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
- Performs somewhat complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines.
- Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques.
- This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
- Analyzes functional requirements.
- Develops design concepts for software work products.
- Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems.
- Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
- Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
- Performs software testing.
- Applies and maintains quality standards. Defines and creates test data to support in-sprint testing. Performs tests and documents results.
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Attends the meeting / scrum calls and communicates status, or impediments, in clear and understanding terms.
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques.
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
- Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
- Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality.
- May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC environment.
- Experience with supporting databases on cloud environments such as Azure or AWS is preferred.
- Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable.
- Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems.
- Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
Qualification & experience:
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus two years of related experience, or a Master of Science degree.
- Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming.
- Requires experience in development of database processes (Packages, Procedures, Triggers, Views, materialized views, etc.) using Oracle SQL, PLSQL in Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c database technologies, including proficiency in Data analysis, Debugging, Tuning and Optimizing performance of database queries.
- Experience in tools such as TOAD, SQL*Developer, SQL*Plus is required.
- Experience in Data Replication technologies such as Oracle Golden Gate is desirable.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations.
CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Job/Req. ID: REQ_17617
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Date of Publish: 6 March 2019
Job Category: IT/software