The Mechanical Engineer Intern will work in design and analysis of GE Heavy Duty Gas Turbines. The Engineer will work closely with the identified mentor in one of the following: to improve/develop FE analysis methodologies, develop processing tools, identify design/technology trends, help in developing physics based hand calculations, component life calculations etc. The person also documents all the relevant technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with organization policies.
- Execute, with mentor-ship from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to appropriate partners
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific activities
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with 2D & 3D drawings and ability to read and interpret the same.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in teams and achieve targets.
Basic knowledge on Gas Turbine components and its functioning.
- Willingness and passion to learn and getting the work accomplished on time.
- Experience with modeling and FE Analysis with commercial packages viz. UG, ANSYS.
- Graduate level experience in numerical methods and FE Analysis techniques.
- Good team work, communicate effectively with team members on the progress and obstacles faced.
- Strong problem solving skills preferred
- Ability to generate ideas to simplify systems
- Ability to effectively present information to project and functional management and to customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Ability to synthesize information from different engineering disciplines.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
Job/Req. ID: 3274590
Location: Bangalore, KA
Date of Publish: 16 April 2019