WeWork is seeking an MEP Engineer intern who will work directly with the Head of Engineering to help maintain building information database and support the development of tools/processes to be utilized by the larger engineering and design teams for the on-time delivery of WeWork sites.
This position is optimal for someone who has excellent technical and communication skills and wants to learn to identify issues that the built environment will present when performing a tenant improvement project
- Fully analyze and interpret building packages of previous and current WeWork locations
- Collate existing building documentation and potentially advise on WeWork projects during initial due diligence phases
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to ensure that current database with building specifications remains up-to-date
- Incorporate understanding of local and national building codes into building standards development and project information
- Work with internal architects, designers and BIM specialists to help develop schematic level handover packages to consultant design teams or design/build contractors
- Independently research potential paths to improving product via such means as efficiency studies, data management platforms/tools, technological improvements, etc.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical / electrical / life safety engineering infrastructure and coordination strategy with focus on mechanical design
- Ability to understand building MEP/architectural plans to assess how existing conditions affect layout and cost exposure
- Understanding of construction contracts and architectural agreements, specifications etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s candidate in MEP Engineering discipline
About We Work:
Revit/ HVAC load modeling and analytical/research experience preferred but not required
WeWork design is a global team composed of experienced and talented engineers, BIM specialists, designers and architects. We are dedicated to creating exceptional co-working spaces where our members will work better together. With locations on almost all continents, this is a great opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in the world.
Job/Req. ID: JR-0030254
Company: We Work
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Internship
Date of Publish: 16 April 2019