Ramboll is seeking engineers for their Chennai office.
As our new Designer you will be part of a dedicated team of approx. 100 employees delivering sustainable energy solutions to our customers in Scandinavia, UK, Germany and the US. Our main office is in Copenhagen, Denmark where our department is based. We are working across borders delivering first class projects in an unformal but very efficient work environment. We encourage empowerment and an honest and personal involvement.
- Pipe design bases on eg. PID’s
- Space Management in 3D models
- Static calculations of pipe and component (we use AutoPipe and Rohr2)
- Specifications of components such as valves, pumps, heat exchangers etc.
- Coordination and communication, verbal and written, with colleagues from different offices
- Routing studies and preparing sketches
- 3D modelling (piping, equipment and supports) in Revit
- Extraction of drawings from Revit
- Plot Plan / Equipment Layout – both in 2D (using AutoCAD and Microstation) and 3D model extraction
- Piping GA’s – both in 2D (using AutoCAD and Microstation) and 3D model extraction
- Isometrics – both in 2D (using AutoCAD and Microstation) and 3D model extraction
- MTO preparation and Checking
- Supports selection and checking of support drawings
- Checking of drawings/ documents with QA standards & procedures
- Participate as required during model reviews, etc.
- Coordinate with Discipline Engineers / designers / draughtsmen
- Coordination with other Disciplines / Service area team members
- Participate in Technical Issue Resolution
- Ensure and follow Ramboll / client specific guidelines and strategies as applicable
- Timely delivery of projects with right quality, within budget and schedule.
- Minimise client complaints.
- Coordinate within team and other departments and projects to minimize quality errors claims.
- Continuously improve methods and lessons learnt to optimize client value.
- Compliance with Ramboll Values.
- You will be working with design and redesign of different type of heat production facilities such as heat exchanger and pumping stations, boilercentrals etc.
Qualification & other requirements:
- BE in mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience with detailed design of pipes and components
- In depth knowledge and experience with space management and 3D-design
- Capabilities with use of CAD-tools such as e.g. Revit or Microstation
- Excellent English communication skills, spoken and in writing
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: you are a skilled technician/designer who would like to participate delivering first class projects within sustainable solutions. You have no problem being key stakeholder so delivering on time together with a clear and frequent communication is natural for you. You have no problem in seeing a problem from several sites. You can work independently and know when to reach out to your colleagues.
Job/Req. ID: JR6418
Location: Chennai, TN