GE Healthcare is seeking Mechanical Design Engineer for their Bangalore office.
Mechanical design engineer is primarily responsible for the design & development of Mechanical product/subsystem release solutions for the Women Health products like Mammography equipment. The person will be responsible for the mechanical design of new products with a constant eye for improvements, quality, cost productivity & reliability. Also responsible to work on the solution to the customer and field issues
- Designing new products for mechanical components or subsystems & on cost productivity design and programs
- Executes design to engineering standards.
- Well versed with 3D modelling and manufacturing drawings
- Works within a team to deliver technical solutions
- Works with patient/customers and/or technical leadership to ensure that the technical deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs, projects or initiatives
- Seeks mentoring to learn and solve problems
- Developing engineering design concepts for components and electromechanical assemblies that have demanding requirements for size, precision, reliability and cost
- Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Defining and executing component design verification
- Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Maintain and develop competence required for the job
- Knowledge in mechanical design, structural engineering, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, mechanisms, Electro
- mechanical drives design, sheet metal design, manufacturing design, cables & harnesses, labeling and packaging
- Experience in working on cost productivity design and programs
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability in system integration activities
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Global project experience
- Demonstrated project leadership and influencing skills
- Design for reliability experience
- Design for manufacturing experience
Qualification & experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4 – 7 years relevant work experience.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Mechanical
Date of Publish: 15 July 2019