Akamai is seeking Technical Solutions Engineer.
You will be part of Akamai’s best-in-class AkaTec team supporting our global customers. As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent customer support.
- Clearly communicate with customers via telephone, email, and occasional face-to-face contact to ensure that you understand the issue and they understand the resolution
Work independently with our customers’ technical teams on post-sales technical issues.
- The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from Akamai’s distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between Akamai and the customer’s infrastructure
- Work closely with and manage issue-specific cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Operations, Sales, Professional Services, and Account Management representatives
- Design and implement solutions to address a given customer issue after gathering & understanding customer requirements
- Assume a technical account management role for designated named accounts or strategic customers by analyzing existing technical issues and proposing solutions for the customer
- Manage custom support of special high-profile network events
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for 1 or more products/services and/or internet technologies
- In depth knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, Streaming, etc.)
- Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and troubleshooting tools
- Experience providing technical solutions & support to enterprise (Business-to-Business [B2B]) customers
- Customer focus, acting with the customer in mind, anticipating future needs, identifying long-term solutions and dedicated to providing a superior support experience for the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to disseminate
- information in a clear and correct manner to business and technical audiences
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to positively influence the actions of others, working as a team player
- Great problem solving skills with the ability to resolve complex, highly technical issues, often under time pressure
- Creative and able to think ‘outside of the box’ with a proven track record in proposing and implementing solutions for enterprise customers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do, striving for results constantly
- Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or Java preferable)
- J2EE (using Tomcat and/or Websphere) or .NET architecture
- Web Services (SOAP, XML)
- Configuring webservers (Apache, IIS) and the infrastructure necessary to support a dynamic website (load balancers, connecting to databases, etc.)
- Streaming (Flash, HTTP Live Streaming, etc.)
Qualification & experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Sciences (MIS), or relevant engineering/science fields.
Work Experience: 0 to 2 Years
As an Akamai Technical Solutions Engineer you will be an integral member of a team responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues. You will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies). You will be working directly with our customers’ technical operations teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
Location: Bangalore, KA
Date of Publish: 21 August 2019