FLSmidth is seeking civil engineers for their Chennai plant.
Qualification & experience required:
- B.E Graduate in Civil Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience
- Should be able to handle Domestic/Global Proposals and Contracts.
- Should be able to support, co-ordinate tasks as per proposal requirements and site visits by need basis.
- Preparation of civil & structural estimations with respect to the proposal requirements considering all standards, technical specifications, codes etc and ensure the estimates are built up methodologically with sufficient details and in accordance with good estimation practices.
- Review of engineering details -Global and domestic projects in the field of cement plant structures.
- Basic review on preparation of technical specifications of structural & RCC works and get concurrence from group engineering,
- Basic review on analysis and design of steel & RCC structures for feasibility studies & comment on design works in coordination with group engineering.
- Preparation of enquiry documents and send to vendors by ensuring the completeness of information, details and make sure the availability of offers well on time.
- Ensure contractor responses are in complete details, well maintained during evaluation process.
- Coordination with FLS Global offices and also with the internal departments like Plant layout, Mechanical & Product teams for obtaining inputs, clarifications, interface checking and loadings.
- Provide detailed inputs to sales teams for preparing budgets / Detail offers, checking the same for design adequacy, functional requirements by performing interdepartmental checks and incorporate all comments as per requirements.
- Detail knowledge of Design and detail engineering of various types of heavy industry, like Cement, Power, Minerals, Paper etc.
- Knowledge on steel structures & RCC Elements like Silo’s, rafts, Mill foundations & buildings, Steel bin, storage sheds etc.
- Should have strong knowledge in Quantity surveying, Tendering & contract evaluations.
- Should have strong knowledge in Indian & international codes.
- Well versed with analysis and design software’s like STAAD, basic knowledge on Tekla
Proficiency in drafting and documentation tools like ACAD, Matchcad, MS office etc.
- Should have good analytical skills, practical oriented approach towards problem solving.
- Good communication skills and good coordination/co-operation like inter/-external disciplines
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in mining and cement industries. With more than 135 years of experience and with activities in more than 50 countries, FLSmidth is productivity provider no. 1 to its customers. Sharing our customers’ ambitions, we bring better solutions to light by improving their safety standards and enhancing their performance.
FLSmidth’s 12,000 employees use their unique process knowledge about projects, products and services to meet our customers’ needs for technical innovations, digitalisation and sustainable life-cycle management. Together with our customers, we challenge conventions, explore opportunities and drive success through sustainable productivity enhancement.
Job/Req. ID: R4966
Location: Chennai, TN
Job category: Civil Engineering