Apple Inc. is looking for a Senior Data and Analytics Engineer who is hardworking and motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform.
This is an Engineering role in the Operations Business Analytics team, which provides an unusual opportunity to build innovations and groundbreaking change using cloud and big data technologies. As a technical evangelist you will be able to incubate and experiment newer technologies and platforms to demonstrate value of the data and enable data consumptions at scale with agility.
This position involves working on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Big Data technologies. The applicant will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to phenomenal products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
- Incubate and iterate quickly newer capabilities through POCs/Pilots on the latest cutting edge technologies.
- Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Translate and envision data needs to architectural data solutions and implement
- Lead and govern Operations Data Platform including Core Functional Semantic, Common Data Model.
- Hands on Data integration between ERP(SAP), Data Mart and EDW. Development, deployment, management and governance of such platforms.
- Iterate quickly through bringing together data needs from the partners, analyzing source data and consumption needs, creating data models and working in close collaboration with engineering team to deliver data & BI solutions.
- Hands on data modeling (conceptual, logical models), and development of complex process modeling from Transaction sources to analytical solutions.
- Capture and manage business data needs from various partners, collaborate and influence to deliver solutions with positive results.
- Collect/Define business requirements, high level conception/logical design, define work packages for GBI Development teams
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, or related discipline with an information technology focus. MBA / MS preferred; focus on Operations management/supply chain management is a plus.
- Understand current data landscape and develop architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise on how to run these architectural models on On Prem or Private or Hybrid Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in high level programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python.
- Proficiency with DataWarehouse and database platforms like Teradata, Oracle, Snowflake, BigQuery and SQL is required.
- Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Pl/SQL, BTEQ, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce.
- Expertise in Hadoop related technologies such as HDFS, Azkaban, Oozie, Impala, Hive, and Pig.
- Expertise in developing big data pipelines using technologies like Kafka, Flume, or Storm.
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and
- Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with any cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with large scale data warehousing, mining or analytic systems.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Have solid grasp of advanced data warehouse concepts (Factless Fact tables, Temporal \ BI-Temporal models, etc.)
- Ability to work with analysts to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide architect community and engineering teams.
- Meaningful and substantial work experience with business requirements definition and management (end to end), structured analysis, process design, use case documentation, UML process and use case definition
- Hands on experience with track record of analysis, design, Prototype, develop, deploy Data and BI solutions in complex corporate IT platforms
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Implementation experience of Cloud based services in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- Deep understanding of Data transformations , underlying technologies and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging and curation, etc.)
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing.
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Our community is made up of every kind of individual: artists and designers, engineers and scientists, thinkers and doers. Together we build things and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. So if you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Just be ready to dream big.
Job/Req. ID: 200104861
Company: Apple Inc.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job Category: IT/Software Engineering