Honeywell is hiring Mechanical Engineers for their Gurgaon office.
- Design and develop new ideas and solutions for new product development as well as current products modification and improvements based on in-service issues and market strategy.
- Responsible for design and implementation of mechanical parts, subassemblies and product improvements
UOP India Pvt. Ltd. (UOPIPL) Equipment Group has the capability to design environment friendly plants and systems while continually improving designs and engineering processes. Our vision is to establish UOPIPL Equipment Group as the center of excellence for execution of Modular Process Units.
The Equipment Team at UOP India (IPL) has successfully engineered and executed/ managed projects for delivery of Polybed PSA Units; high performance Trays (like MD/ ECMD Trays); modular Units (like CCR, Recovery Plus, ISOSIV, Merox etc) for clients both in India and abroad.
Professionals working at UOPIPL get an opportunity to work closely with other UOP offices worldwide to engineer complex projects, meeting stringent quality specifications, safety standards and challenging schedules. Professionals can develop professional excellence through knowledge management to build distinctive core competencies. We at UOPIPL foster a culture of participation and creativity by sustaining a work environment where employee capability and performance is recognized to create a competitive edge.
As UOPIPL grows, it will continue to offer “engineering & delivery” of standard stand-alone products (like PSA, MD Trays etc) and of modular products (like Mod Merox, Mod CCR, Mod Recovery Plus etc) to its customers on a worldwide basis while adding to its portfolio from UOP’s wide range of technologies (like Mod PENEX, Mod NHT, Mod Platforming etc). As a part of IPL’s growth plans, there exists a role for an Engineer – Static Equipment. Below is a description of the roles & responsibilities for this position.
Directly Accountable for:
- The engineer will be assigned as a team member to multiple contracts at any given point in time. She/ he will be the prime internal technical contact for all matters related to Pressure vessels, Heat Exchangers, Tanks and other static equipment on those contracts. She/ he shall closely collaborate with the other team members from disciplines such as Process, Piping, Mechanical, CAD-design and Project Management.
- Design and detail engineering of pressure vessels / heat exchangers /Tanks as per international codes such as ASME Section VIII Div.- 1 & 2, PD 5500, TEMA, API 650, API 660, API 661, API 663 and shall have experience with design software Compress, PV Elite, Aspen (B-JAC) and HTRI.
- Thermal rating/ thermal design and mechanical design (including design calculations) of various types of heat exchangers for refinery and petrochemical plants. Candidate should be capable of independently doing mechanical & thermal design of heat exchangers and should be familiar with all aspect of mechanical design of both heat exchangers and pressure vessels.
- Analyzing the vibration issues related to heat exchangers and make corrections in design as and when required. Candidate should be capable of making tube layout and be conversant with material and its properties.
- Design and fabrication requirements of pressure vessels / heat exchangers and should have good knowledge of fabrication methods and design constraints.
- Reviewing of job package and prepare technical clarifications required from customer and prepare contract review summary.
- Evaluation of technical specifications applicable for job and ensure that all requirements of specifications and applicable codes are complied during engineering.
- Static analysis, including deadweight, multiple pressures, thermal displacements, wind loads, uniform loads, seismic conditions etc.
- Following UOP procedures using official tools and templates along with instructions on special customer requirements.
- On the basis of UOP-standards and practices, in compliance with Client-requirements, the engineer will prepare/ issue/ revise applicable Technical UOP-specifications for her/ his discipline. These will entail different types of heat exchangers and static equipment like vessels, tanks etc that are compliant with the Client’s requirements and UOP-standards and practices.
- Preparing datasheets for various types of static equipment including Heat Exchangers, tanks.
- Acting as the Requisitioner for different types of Vessels, heat exchangers, tanks and other static equipment. The engineer manages the relation with and the activities of the shops contracted to supply the equipment.
- Reviewing bidder offers received for static equipment during procurement Perform Bid evaluation of quotation received from bidders.
- Should have prior knowledge of 3D modeling and should be able to take part in 3D model review
- Following-up on static equipment fabrication, including inspection and testing at suppliers’ shops.
- Providing technical follow-up and inspection reports to Manager/ Project Manager for their follow-up, to ensure technically compliant and timely delivery of equipment from shops contracted by UOP.
- Liaising internally with other discipline engineers and departments including Procurement (BUYER).
- Review and comment/ approval of vendor procedures/ drawings/ docs. Checking of drawings to ensure complete compliance with customer requirements, design calculations and code requirements.
- Providing deliverables within budgeted cost and schedule at a high level of quality. Responsible for the quality of the static equipment deliverables. This will also involve input from other experts from throughout UOP
- Providing technical support for fixed/ budgetary price proposals, cost estimates, and design basis data Communicating with project manager on a regular basis regarding progress, changes, budget & schedule
- Inspection of fabrication/ construction for conformance with project equipment requirements and applicable codes, as assigned
- Assuring the work of others in the group is checked for technical accuracy and compliance with established guidelines and procedures (in area of expertise)
- Working effectively with team members and proactively communicating key decisions made on projects to others
- Identifying opportunities for improving Customer satisfaction
- Actively participating to ensure that ISO 9001 certification is maintained.
- Providing input and participating in vendor performance evaluation reviews, project close-out reports and subsequent meetings. Acting on applicable specialist group-related RCA’s (root cause analysis) for CAPA’s (corrective & preventive actions) that come out of these reviews.
- Following-up on items and lessons learned for applicable specialisation as captured thro’ RCA’s for a CAPA, field reports, establishing root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Supporting and following corporate HS&E policies, in relation to Office & Field Safety practices and engineering design policies.
Qualification and experience required:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Masters degree may be an asset.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Relevant experience in Design and Detailed engineering for Static Equipment (Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Tanks and other static equipment for Turnkey Projects which includes thermal and mechanical design) for the petroleum refining & petrochemical industry.
- Candidate shall have an excellent knowledge of Principles, Practices and Procedures related to design of static equipment.
- Candidate shall have an experience in preparation of specifications, datasheets, requisitioning, technical procurement, inspection and testing of Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Tanks and other static equipment.
- Candidate shall also have an experience in production follow-up of various types of static equipment including heat exchangers, field support and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and softwares e.g. HTRI, Compress / PV Elite.
- Knowledge of inter-disciplinary linkages & interdependencies.
- Understanding of Equipment Design and Fabrication techniques, standards and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be used at the International level with colleagues worldwide.
- Good analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Highly motivated, Independent and Team player
- Negotiation skills and business acumen are an advantage
- Experience in a highly regulated and safety critical domain
Job/Req. ID: HRD80177
Location: One-HON-UTC-5F-R ,UTC, 5F RW, Susantlok, Sector 43, Gurgaon, HARYANA, 122022
Job category: Mechanical Engineering