JSW Steel Ltd. is conducting an interview for the post of Application Engineer.
- Provide real-time technical service and solutions at Customer end on products supplied from all plants (Flat and Long Products) across segments like Automotive, Non- Automotive and Retail segments
- Must be able to do analysis, respond to customer need and provide innovative solutions to common problems and new requirments,
- Perform Trail at customers end, application tests and provide inputs to plant through reviews to ensure products is satisfactory.
- Respond to enquiry, finalise technical delivery conditions (TDC) in line with customer specifications,based on applications and plant capability.
- In order to design and re-design effective applications, Application Engineers must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions.
- Address product concerns and complaints.
- Performance monitoring and benchmarking with competition.
- Provide Corrective and Preventive action (CAPA) against the customer Complaints.
- Maintain expect level of product knowledge and application.
- Initiate Product Development & Approval at target Customers, drive and monitor till commericialization..
- Listen, understand and provide solution for customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, fabricators, consultants and engineers at target segments.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and grades necessary to make plant (PDQC) comfortable.
- Regular Interaction with plant technical team through meetings at plants(once in month).
- Travel to plants to preform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Resolve customer issues or complaints, as per Company’s target SLA/timelines through field investigation, analysis and customer inuts to plant QA/PDQC Dept and ensure non-recurrence.
- Maintain professional business relationships through regular interactions.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help furture growth.
Decision making authority:
- Need based Solutions.
- Confirm products as per specifications/stated needs.
- Complaint acceptance (as per DOP)
- Customer Queries
Qualifications and Experience required:
- BE in Metallurgy/Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2yrs of work experience as QA/QC/Operations in Steel plant.
- Having relevant metallurgical/product knowledge (Steel mill process)
- Collaboring across interdisciplinary team
- Statistical and mathematiccal skills for analysis
- Application knowledge (Customer process)
- Communications skills (both written & verbal)
Job/Req. ID: 530724401
Company: JSW Steel Ltd.
Location: Mumbai, MH
Job Category: Metallurgy/Mechanical Engineering