Thornton Tomasetti is currently looking for a talented individual to serve as a BIM Modeler on their project design team.
This individual will create project deliverable 3D models and 2D drawings using Autodesk Revit as well as TT’s suite of internally developed interoperability tools. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about BIM and associated technologies, passionate about building structural systems and is able to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
- Produce 3D models consistent with instruction, industry guidelines, and TT standards and practices.
- Clearly annotate, dimension and detail 2D production drawings in conformance to Thornton Tomasetti standards and practices.
- Manage the BIM workflow including folder organization, sheet sets, geo-location, plots, conversions, and transmittals.
- Maintain structural BIM / CAD files for use in the structural design drawings (clean-up, audit, reference, troubleshoot).
- Interface with engineers and clients to coordinate BIM modeling content and approaches, model exchanges, quality control, and delivery.
- Use tools such as Navisworks for project collaboration across multiple disciplines.
- Prepare and review project deliverables for client submissions.
- Create 3D views or renderings on an as-needed basis for marketing or project use.
- Coordinate with the Office Director, Engineering Project Manager, and BIM Leadership and perform assigned work tasks.
- Monitor work progress, anticipate changes or issues and inform appropriate party.
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process required when working alongside in-house and external design teams to complete BIM projects.
- Use available internal and external resources to develop knowledge of structural systems and bring value to the design team.
Excellent graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of 3D parametric modeling methods and the benefits of integrated building modeling.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands while working independently.
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Extremely detail-oriented with recognition of the importance of clear, concise, consistent documentation.
- Working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principles.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Tekla, and data exchanges between BIM platforms is preferred.
Qualification & experience:
- Degree in related discipline (Drafting, Technical Communication, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, etc.).
- Minimum of 12 months of Revit modeling experience.
About Thornton Tomasetti:
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Job/Req. ID: R1248
Company: Thornton Tomasetti
Location: Mumbai, MH
Date of Publish: 10 February 2019