TE Connectivity is conducting an interview for the post of Signal Integrity Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
As a Signal Integrity Engineer for TE Connectivity you will focus on electrical and high-speed aspects of TE’s connector and cable assembly products – targeting high speed communications and connectivity within datacenters and wireless infrastructure.
You will be expected to independently work with electrical models and measured performance data, for TE products and the systems in which they are applied. You will work collaboratively within a multi-national team engineers to execute leading edge products designs.
- Signal integrity documentation activities of various TE products based on measured and modeled data.
- Charting, plotting, and organizing of electrical characterization data.
- Apply high-speed standards and requirements to channel analysis.
- Create and present summaries of large sets of electrical data
- Guide engineering teams on acceptable practices and recommended actions based on data driven signal integrity conclusions.
- Cataloging and distributing electrical models, involves database usage, file management, and direct email interaction with customers.
- Work with a diverse team spanning the globe
- Must be a quick learner and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
Direct customer design and support experience
- Familiarity with the following:
- Electrical characterization parameters (insertion loss, return loss, noise, jitter, eye patterns, skew, impedance)
- Signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification) a plus
- Connector and cable assembly, antenna, and high-speed hardware design
- Programming (application specific, macros, and/or general knowledge)
- Data management tools (Excel, Matlab, etc…)
- Word processing tools (i.e. Word)
Qualification & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- An understanding of electromagnetic theory and electrical circuit behaviour
- Strong analytical, organizational, and language capabilities to interpret and manage data, and present it in an appropriate manner
- SixSigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a plus.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an electrical or signal integrity engineering role
- Experience with interconnect design or experience with connector &/or cable/cable assembly design (high speed twinax cables, direct attach (DAC/AOC) cables), &/or system hardware
- Experience in collaborative projects, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
About TE Connectivity:
TE Connectivity is a $14 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Job/Req. ID: 57601
Company: TE Connectivity
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Electrical Engineering