Swiss Re is conducting an interview for the post of Corporate Actuarial Analyst.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Position objectives and position summary (short and precise definition of most important activities)
- As part of US L&H Business Management team in quarterly valuation
- Co-ordinate with the team in Bangalore and the team in Armonk
- Taking ownership of the tasks assigned and deliver the results conforming to the standards set by the unit
- Pro-actively engaging with the team to improve the process.
- Provide training and guidance to new joiners in the team, to enhance and strengthen the team
Main tasks/activities/responsibilities (in brief statements describe the main accountabilities of the job and specify responsibilities)
Main task include preparation of valuation ready data, effecting changes in actuarial valuation system, producing the reserve numbers for various kind of business requirements, applying technical skills to reconcile and analyse the output and supporting new initiatives driven by business unit requirement
In conjunction with the North America team:
To prepare and review data analyses
To Prepare Change of Basis (COB) and CRR systems (Swiss Re systems & tools) to produce reserve numbers for various lines of business and reconcile numbers with different interfaces along with taking care of controls that are set up
- To run production AXIS models and manage model change process
- To perform scaling process and ensure that scaled results look reasonable
- To prepare and provide variance explanation on the basis of expected versus actual
- To perform ANSEG analysis on overall results on all basis for the allotted ANSEGs
- To load actuarial inputs into FiRE tools and review of valuation results
- To prepare financial statements and exposures for internal and external reporting.
- To review some of the controls for the work performed by junior employees
- Facilitate sign-off of final work product by the Bangalore NA team within agreed upon confidence levels
- To systematically log, communicate and manage issues found until they have been resolved. This will involve cross-cultural coordination and cooperation across regions.
- Simplification of work process through automation in order to bring in process efficiency
- Documenting system and process related changes on regular basis
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Fresher or 1 or 2 years of experience
- Strong data organization and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be able to partner with team sitting in North America given time differences
- Good team player
- Strong learning motive
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in working with Spreadsheet and Database packages
About Swiss Re:
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
Job/Req. ID: 603432901
Company: Swiss Re
Location: Bangalore, KA