Synopsys is conducting an interview for the post of Application Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Enables adoption of Synopsys Design for HLD (Synthesis , Timing, Formality tool) solutions, by worldwide customers.
- Provides technical support to customers and internal Synopsys teams to solve complex technical issues, faced during the development of ASICs in the leading edge technologies.
- Responds to situations to isolate or fix problems or suggest appropriate workarounds to meet critical design schedules.
- Provides feedback about the tools and methodologies, to product engineering (CAEs) and R&D teams to enhance the quality of Synopsys’ solutions.
- Likely to also be involved in installation at customer sites, project deployment and customer training. Some travel (domestic & international) required.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering with a minimum of 2+ years (MS with 1+ years) of related work experience in a global or multinational company.
- Has working knowledge and general proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action that will resolve a customer issue.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Builds productive internal/external working relationships with customers, colleagues and associates.
- Can be relied upon to meet or exceed customer expectations most of the time.
- Candidate should have a thorough knowledge in Digital circuits, CMOS concepts and ASIC design flow and good understanding of ASIC flow and flows.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for world class customer service.
- Synopsys specific tool experience is a plus, but not a must.
Job/Req. ID: 25643BR