GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated Post Graduate Student who has the interest to pursue his internship in Automation projects pertaining to Tapeout Operations (Mask Data Preparation) in the Global Tapeout Organization, based in Bangalore.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Position Title: Intern
Work Area: Global Tapeout Operations
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
The successful candidate will work with 100% quality and Best in Class cycle time in mind. This role requires a close working relationship and collaboration with internal teams ( Optical Proximity Correction (OPC), Frame, Tapeout Logistics and Integration (TLI), Product Life Cycle Manufacturing, etc.. ), to provide exceptional tapeout services in the increasingly complex and competitive world of wafer manufacturing.
The roles and responsibilities will include engaging in daily Tapeout Operations such as Design Rule Check (DRC), DataPrep, etc. activities and understanding the needs for automation within TOC to improve the Tapeout Operations and TAT Efficiency. Having Exceptional problem Solving and analytical Skills with the Decent Scripting skills help improve the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which Management track and report as a key organization metrics.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced and quickly evolving team environment. The ideal candidate must exhibit strength in engineering fundamentals, such as semiconductor devices, and have strong problem solving, teamwork, project Management, and exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Develop scripts to automate and improve manual processes in the Linux environment using Python, PHP, Perl, Java Scripts and Shell Scripting, SQL, and databases in general.
- Work with the TapeOut Center (TOC) to define the specifications for these tools.
- Collaborate with TOC to define new projects to improve cycle time and quality.
- Develop business processes and documentation for the new tools.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Master’s Degree (MS/MTech) with Specialization in Electrical (VLSI, Microelectronics and related) or Materials Science, Solid State Physics or Other relevant Engineering or Physical Science pursuing or completed as on July 2019
- Minimum of 3 months experience with software/programming languages (i.e. C, C++, Perl, Python, Java, VBA, etc.), within LINUX environments.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English – written & verbal.
- Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans, and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met.
- Team player; able to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Python and Java coding experience
- Exposure to Semiconductor Process or Layout Design Engineering
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as one of the largest foundries in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 250 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s 300mm fabs and 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Mubadala Development Company.
Job/Req. ID: 20002072
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Electronics Engineering
Join All India Electronics Jobs WhatsApp group