Allegion is currently searching for a dual role Component & Librarian Engineer capable of working collaboratively within the Hardware Engineering team environment.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing corporate component strategies, alternate sources, lifecycles, approved vendors list (AVL), and library system. The candidate will also be responsible for leading the maintenance of the part request system, creating components, footprints, and symbols based off corporate standards.
- Manages all aspects of the part request and the component library system.
- Creates, updates, and validates components, footprints, symbols, and component information in Altium Nexus.
- Creates or requests 3D models for custom components.
- Manages all aspects of the component lifecycle between Altium Nexus and Silicon Expert.
- Reviews Silicon Expert alerts and PCNs and identifies necessary actions to be taken.
- Supports component lifecycles and lead-time issues for legacy products.
- Communicates component lifecycle risks to engineering for affected products.
- Recommends replacement components (form, fit and function) for obsolete parts on existing products.
- Manages the Allegion AVL (Approved Vendors List).
- Works with PCBA manufactures to communicate AVL changes and resolve component related issues.
- Works with Allegion Engineering, Procurement, and PCBA Manufacturers to identify strategic sources for all managed component categories.
- Works with Allegion team and component suppliers to create and maintain strategic roadmaps for critical components (microcontrollers, connectors, batteries, etc.).
- Investigates new component package technologies to miniaturize electronic designs.
- Supports ECAD team regarding DFM feedback from PCBA Manufacturers as it pertains to component updates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of two years direct related experience with electronic component parts and library management.
- Direct experience with component lifecycles, including obsolescence and lead-time management and part change notices (PCNs).
- Experience with alternate sourcing for electronic components, supplier strategies, identification of critical component parameters, and collaboration with Hardware Engineering, Global Supplier Management, PCBA Manufacturers, and Product Lifecycle teams.
- Experience creating electronic components, footprint, and symbols per IPC and Corporate standards.
- Familiarity with Altium Designer or Nexus ECAD tools.
- Self-starter and able to make critical recommendations and decisions on their own.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently to meet strict and aggressive deadlines.
- Possesses a high degree of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with root cause analysis of failed components.
- Deep knowledge of RoHS, REACH, WEEE – global Environmental Compliance Directives, EU RoHS.
- Experience working with Silicon Expert, or similar, to identify alternate sources and manage component lifecycles.
- Experience working with various PCBA manufactures and solving component related issues as they arise.
- Strong understanding of sustainable design practices.
- IPC CID or CID+
- Strong understanding of semiconductor manufacturing and packaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge in qualification of electronic hardware, parts selection, manufacturing support, and failure analysis.
- Experience working with and creating component models in MCAD software.
- Full understanding of PCBA manufacturing processes and environment.
- Clear understanding of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and design for test (DFT).
- Statistical Analysis knowledge (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability).
- Familiarity with the use of a PLM system.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE or ECE
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems.
Job/Req. ID: JR16641
Location: Bangalore, KA
Join all India Electronics Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electrical Jobs WhatsApp Group