Emerson is conducting an interview for the post of Mechanical Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for Mechanical design and Engineering of Metrology and Blending & Transfer systems.
- Ensure design is in accordance with internal guidelines and customer specifications.
- Coordinate with E&I and Quality functional teams for equalization of interrelated work.
- Good knowledge of National / International standards and good engineering practices.
- Assists Senior Mechanical / Lead Mechanical Engineer for project tasks.
- Shall drive the project with respect to quality and productivity.
- Provide direction and guidance to Mechanical Designer for preparation of drawings and documents.
- Review of Customer specifications / inputs and identify scope
- Follow the departmental and PMO Processes
- Generate Project documents and Drawings
- Engineering Design, freeze of project basic design (Finalize P&ID, Mechanical equipment,
- General Arrangement Drawing and bills of materials)
- Customer Engagement which includes customer KOM, Customer Queries, resolving deviation to specifications
- Ensure Quality of the project documentation
- Prepare Enquiry Datasheet / Material Requisition (MR) for Long Lead Mechanical items.
- Sub Vendor offer review and Sub Vendor drawings/documents review
- Sub-vendor handling (follow up, design review meetings, escalations)
- Responsible for maintaining Quality records
- Monitor Mechanical work progress on project
- Perform Pre-FAT and FAT with Customer
- As Build Documentation and handover to Services
- Perform Pressure drop / Head Loss calculation, Pipe wall thickness calculation, Lifting Lug calculation, etc.
- Provide Engineering technical support to E&I, Quality, Purchasing and Project Managers
- Report project status updates, variations in scope to the Project Manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Piping, Oil and Gas, Process Industry.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry equipment, Instruments, Piping and structural work
- Good knowledge in application of various types of meters for gas and liquids measurement, good working knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, API MPMS, ISO & other industry standards related to Oil and Gas measurement services.
- Familiar with Piping & Structural Welding and Non-destructive testing.
- Excellent analytical skills and results oriented
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good drawing skills in AutoCAD / MicroStation
- Conversant with Microsoft Office
- Decisive, drive and ability to deliver effective and innovative solutions
- Piping and Structural stress analysis experience would be an added advantage.
Job/Req. ID: 20008674
Location: Pune, MH
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram group