Wabtec Corporation is conducting an internship for Engineers.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Intern Program covers three core key engineering disciplines, namely, (1) Electrical / Electronics / Controls Engineering. Students in allied specializations to these three key disciplines are also eligible for the program.
Program membership requires continuous learning through advanced studies and in-house projects in the above domains. As a part of the Internship, engineers execute the engineering design projects following Wabtec’s design / architectural standards, practices/procedures to fulfill the customer specifications. Some of the key responsibilities are:
Plan the projects to meet schedules, budget, quality, and cost constraints Participate and contribute in design reviews / agile sessions & product V&V Propose and implement new design/analyses techniques and methodologies Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing environments and requirements Collaborate with a cross-functional team to set realistic & challenging goals and meet them Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and agility in coping up with real-life business situations
If this Internship project must be doubled up as the academic project, as a part of your academic project, then the report needs to be vetted by the project leader and or competent authority for any IP protections. At the same time, it would be the intern’s responsibility to co-ordinate with the campus in charge/ academic project guide that the project work and its report meet the academic requirements.
- Design and development of locomotive control system algorithms on real-time embedded system platforms. This involves carrying out control system design & modeling in the area of engine, propulsion & auxiliary, drives control, integration, and train control.
- Product verification-Testing and verification of control system in Hardware in the loop environment before carrying out validation on the product.
- Participate in product conceptual designs and concept trade-off analysis.
- Interact with the locomotive systems, sub-systems, component teams to define and document requirements and interfaces.
- Provide designs that are robust, that meet cost and reliability targets.
- Execute simulation and testing on hardware in the loop setup, carry out locomotive testing to validate design as part of engineering testing and product acceptance.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements
- Work with cross-functional and global teams to meet project objectives.
Qualifications and other requirements:
Candidates shall have a bachelor’s or master’s degree proven academic track record or are undergoing the final year of the course.
- Electrical / Electronics/ Controls Engineers with background/specialization in Real-Time Control Systems, Power Electronics, Communications and Networking, Electric Machines, Hardware Design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Soft Skills required:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
Job/Req. ID: R0036246
Company: Wabtec Corporation
Location: Bangalore, KA
Join all India Electronics Jobs Telegram Group