HP India is conducting an interview for the post of Firmware Software Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Applies basic foundation of a function’s principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope.
- Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience.
- Develops expertise and practical knowledge of systems/applications within team’s project environment.
- Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts.
- Implements software requirements for firmware components and customer features with quality.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including driver, middleware, application.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics, or equivalent.
- Typically 0-2 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Working experience in product development and hands on experience in C, C++, Java
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Job/Req. ID: 3067022
Location: Bangalore, KA