GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conducting an interview for the post of VLSI Circuit Design Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The main responsibility of this position is to execute the end to end circuit design processes for GLOBALFOUNDRIES advanced silicon technology. More specifically, the engineer is responsible for a VLSI chip custom circuit design, mask layout, and verification using advanced VLSI chip design tools.
The candidate must be able to understand transistor-level schematic and gate-level logic, and layout, and have skills to run circuit simulators such as SPECTRE, or SPICE, and logic simulator using Verilog.
The candidate must also have an experience of the VLSI mask layout including verification of LVS and DRC. The responsibility may include testing and characterization of the developed device or chip.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 2 years of experience, or M.E / M.Tech Fresher.
- Ability to use UNIX and work immediately.
- Ability to use advanced Si design tools, CADENCE VIRTUOSO, SPECTRE or SPICE.
- Understanding of semiconductor physics (CMOS, SOI, FinFET), and electrical engineering on VLSI chip design including transistor level circuit, gate level logic, standard-cell based design, microprocessor, and memories.
- Strong problem solving and technical trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent collaborative communication skills.
- MS or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Greater than 2 years of experience in VLSI chip custom circuit design.
- Ability to use advanced Si design tools, LVS, DRC for VLSI mask verification.
- Ability to use Verilog for logic verification.
- Design experience for VLSI chip design.
Job/Req. ID: 20004456