DOW is looking for an ambitious Bachelor’s or Master’s student (m/f), to support our Central Engineering Piping Department by doing an internship project in “Flow-Induced Vibration Analysis of Supported Pipes Conveying Pulsating Fluid” for our location in Chennai, India.
Dow is offering great career opportunities in a global and international environment.
The department that will welcome you is Central Engineering Piping Department
Piping department plays a vital role in the design and engineering of complex piping systems in Dow’s process facilities. The piping systems connect all the equipment in a process plant, conveying various fluids at varying pressures and temperatures. The piping department is accountable in the mechanical design of these systems applying various international industry codes and practices, adhering to requirements of safety, quality, operability, maintenance, constructability and project economics.
Various types of supports are used to hold piping systems in place in a process plant. These supports are subjected to loads arising from piping systems due to operating weights, expansions and other secondary loads. Flow-Induced Vibration or FIV is a large-amplitude, low frequency ( <100 Hz) vibration that
- can occur in piping systems carrying high-velocity turbulent fluids. This project
- Work with piping designers to learn the basics of pipe routing and supports.
- Work with pipe stress engineer to learn the basics of pipe stress analysis.
- Model and analyse a piping system using Caesar.
- Review the detailed steps mentioned in Energy Institute guidelines for the avoidance of vibration induced fatigue failure in process pipework.
- Prepare a detailed project report
- You are currently studying for a Bachelor or Master degree or in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have a good working knowledge of English
- You have good analytical skills and a passion for problem solving
- You can start during the summer of 2021 for a period of 3 months (exact timing and duration can be discussed based on your academic schedule).
- Gain hands-on experience on industry tools and practices
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
Job/Req. ID: R2011970
Location: Chennai, TN
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Job Type: Internship
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp group