Synopsys India is conducting an internship for CS/EC candidates.
Job duties and responsibilities:
You will be joining the VC Formal R&D team in India, as a Technical Intern (software) contributor.
VC Formal is a high capacity, high performance next-generation formal verification solution that includes best-in-class algorithms, methodologies, databases and user interfaces. Built from the ground up, this solution was architected to address today’s most challenging verification tasks and provides the very latest and best formal verification engines available. VC Formal has the capacity, speed and flexibility to verify some of the most difficult SoC design challenges, and includes excellent analysis, filtering and debug techniques to quickly identify root causes.
You will technically lead & deliver multi-project functionality in each product release. Drives the initiative visibly within the group and is recognized as the leader and owner of the initiative. Sells the vision to peers and upper management. Works hands-on and implements software for the functional area. Accountable for quality of work, results obtained and productivity of the employee’s supervised. Develops project schedules and executes w/o direction from manager. Effectively prioritizes work and trades off project milestones vs. features.
Assignments are given by manager in terms of broad objectives and strategy. Identifies problems, solutions and resources needed to meet the objectives. Responsible for getting the final solution to problems. Problems may be new and very open ended. Runs effective meetings needed to work through problems, and also helps the team get over (or around) ‘brick walls’ that they run into. Demonstrates excellent decision making in selecting and discarding technology alternatives. Works closely with global cross-functional teams in defining, implementing and delivering the solutions.
The work will require algorithm, data structure design as well as developing robust and efficient implementations. The engineer is expected to specify, design, implement and test in a large and complex software development environment.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Typically requires a undergraduate BS/MS in CS/EC.
- Excellent coder in C/C++.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
- Prior Knowledge of digital logic is required.
- Excellent analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with software development process, debugging tools and configuration management tools.
- Receives little to no instructions on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments and projects.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Prior knowledge in Synthesis and/or Equivalence Checking is beneficial
- Prior experience in EDA optimization algorithms is beneficial.
Job/Req. ID: 28184BR