Texas Instruments is conducting an interview for the post of Firmware Validation Engineer.
Be a FW Validation engineer/lead as part of the Power Firmware System Solutions team working. Primary expectation is to cover the FW Validation on the target platform on the SW deliverables from the team for specific Mixed Signal Analog parts requiring embedded FW. The role will cover at different times, Planning, realizing and executing the FW validation strategy for the group, with level of automation and coverage being key metrics of success.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding the Firmware Design
- Responsible for comprehensive and detailed plan to develop and validate the assigned component/platform to its Firmware Design requirement.
- Own the execution of the FW Verification:
- Cover the Validation suite on the planned device and FW roadmap towards minimizing defect leakage
- The will need to be covered on Pre-Silicon environments (FPGA and Emulation environments) for ROM devices and
- post silicon on EVMs and other Validations boards.
- Cover categories(existing and planned):
- Collaborate with the System Validation team
- Work with the System Validation team to add system level use case test
- Add additional stress and robustness testing to address coverage gaps
- Drive issues to closure by interfacing/collaborating with development teams
- Add automation to the above testing to the maximum extent
- May require out of the box or solutions to achieve the necessary level of automation
Qualifications and Experience required:
- 1-3 years of experience in Pre silicon/Post Silicon Firmware/software verification based on Personal Electronics/Automotive/Enterprise systems.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in ECE/EE
- Expertise in the use of scripting languages, programming tools, and environments.
- Experience with version control and Git
- Hands- on experience in Embedded Product Testing with debugging techniques using JTAG, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
- Experience developing unit tests for code quality validation- Knowledge of software validation methods including coverage plans, strategies, and validation processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with globally distributed teams.
- knowledge and experience with embedded firmware development.
- Domain expertise in the USB Type C/PD and/ with focus on Systems/User Scenario perspective.
Job/Req. ID: N/A