IHS Markit is conducting an interview for the post of Data Transformation Analyst I.
The team is looking for a Data Transformation Analyst who can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. In this role, the team member will work closely with the Project Managers of our global teams to ensure the successful completion of on-boarding of Private Equity and Venture Capital Clients to iLevel platform. The Data Transformation Analyst will collaborate with team members from several departments to ensure the successful completion of implementation and optimal use of the PCM solution.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- The individual will act as an extension of US- and UK-based client deployment team, helping to implement, customize and enhance the ‘Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting’ services provided to Private Equity clients.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel – should display strong knowledge in advanced excel functions.
- Understanding of Capital Market structure with more focus on Private Capital Market and Financial Accounting
- Must be able to interpret various types of financial reports; e.g.: valuation reports, financial statements, portfolio summaries, fund analytics etc.
- Question and understand requirements and then be concise and analytical in the design of the reporting related to that data
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exhaust all resources before contacting the team lead.
Main responsibility areas:
- Dealing with confidential data
- Prepare financial reports, templates, configure portal as per PE/VC clients’ requirements.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the client’s platform, its capabilities and features, and its application.
- Work on the multiple client implementations simultaneously & efficiently and dealing with confidential client data.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Should have an understanding of Private Equity industry.
- Alternative investment/private equity knowledge.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Understanding of financial reporting and statement analysis.
- Financial modelling knowledge is plus.
- Business competencies
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business, Accounting, or Finance preferred with 0 to 2 years of relevant client facing and project management experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Experience and confidence in facilitating client working sessions and other public speaking situations.
- Experience with IHS Markit proprietary software (e.g. QVAL, iLevel and iVal) is an added advantage for the role
- Commercial awareness
- Have an excellent client service ethos and be able to communicate effectively with clients
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a team
Job/Req. ID: R12816