Intel India is conducting an interview for the post of Physical Design Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- The Physical Design Engineer should have hands on experience with layouts of memory building blocks like control, sense amplifiers, I/O Blocks, bit cell array and decoders etc in compiler context. He/She should have understanding of different memory compiler floorplan and top level integration.
- The Physical Design Engineer (PDE) role actively bridges the gap between circuit engineering, design automation and mask design. The layout work required encompasses transistor/device cell level planning, layout, assembly and routing.
- The PDE is expected to be productive and proficient in all aspects of layout – this includes Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool utilization (layout editing/verification/Design For Manufacturing (DFM)/quality), productivity macro usage, and solid understanding of all related methodologies and work flow models.
- A PDE is expected to provide engineering judgment to key decision making and design trade-offs. Examples include IR drop analysis and resolution, Reliability Verification (RV. Electromigration, Self Heat) analysis and resolution, ECO assessment for feasibility, effort, risk, schedule analysis.
- The PDE will work to continuously drive methodology definition and refinement for memory compilers. This entails working in conjunction with the Design Automation (DA) teams closely, and senior/principle design engineers to perform problem exploration, feasibility studies, analyze options, and establish; implement recommendations.
- The PDE is able to independently assess; plan complex layout assignments and derive a realistic schedule to execute to and deliver on time.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelors of Science degree in EE, CS or a natural science
- 2+ years of experience with physical design including memory compilers
- Basic programming skills (UNIX shell script, Tcl, Perl)
IP Engineering Group’s (IPG) vision Build IPs that power Intel’s leadership products and power our customer’s silicon. We want to attract & retain talent who get joy in building high quality IP and share our core belief that IP is fundamental to transforming Intel’s silicon design process. IPG’s guiding principles will be ensuring Quality (Zero Bugs), Customer Obsession (Delight our Customers) and structured Problem Solving. We are a fearless organization transforming IP development.
Job/Req. ID: JR0154343
Location: Bangalore, KA