Eaton India is conducting an interview for the post of Associate Engineer.
Job duties & responsibilities:
- Validate Electromechanical Switchgear Products by performing functional, design & operational tests as per applicable IEC/UL/NEMA Standards.
- Monitor test results as per Eaton’s standard documentation practices.
- Inspects whether the Electrical Product is assembled as per referencing drawings, design literature, electrical / utility codes, drawings & wiring diagrams provided.
- Maintain lab test equipment, prepare and process test reports, manage lab work load, track test request status, implement and maintain 5S activities, write lab reports, support safety imitative, and participate in the strategic planning of lab and equipment upgrades.
- Read and analyze Electrical Schematics, Assembly Drawings & Component drawings.
- Prepares test plans basis applicable standards (ANSI /UL, IEC, CSA & NEMA) for any type of Electrical Product.
- Perform/monitors Electrical Tests e.g. Hi-Pot, Current Injection, Endurance, Temp. Rise, Visual Inspections etc. per standards (ANSI /UL, IEC, CSA & NEMA).
- Analyze & troubleshoot the test results using appropriate engineering calculations, system level analysis tools & draws conclusions based on test results.
- Support capital equipment and strategic road mapping process for the test lab to identify equipment upgrades, capacity increases, and new technologies to be incorporated for monitoring and control from remote location (Industry 4.0).
- Order miscellaneous materials & other low value assets as per set-up/tests requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation as per ISO-9001, ISO-17025, ISO-14001, ISO-18001 system & provides performance trends.
- Drive compliance to all the 5S & safety requirements as per MESH guidelines. Maintain clean orderly and safe workplace.
- Maintain and manage equipment calibrations for the lab and coordinate with sub-contract companies, as needed, to complete required activities.
- Perform Gauge R&R and measurement Uncertainty.
- Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level, demonstrates project management knowledge.
- Drives continuous improvement at work coming up with creative ideas of productivity / quality improvements.
- Hands On Experience in Testing of LV & MV Switchgears, Circuit Breakers, ACBs, MCBs, RCCBs, MCCBs, Panel boards, RMUs, VCBs, Contactors, Motor Starters, PCC, MCC, Wiring Devices, Plug and Sockets etc.
- Sound knowledge of IEC/NEMA/UL Standards.
- Knowledge on Electromechanical & Electronics industrial products.
- Familiarity with IEC, UL, ANSI, NEMA and other applicable standards for electrical products.
- Thermal experience & electrical product background.
- Knowledge on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) used for the control and automation of custom systems built.
- Sound knowledge on Electrical Test Safety.
- Proficiency in PLM/ERP tools like Enovia, SAP, Oracle.
Qualification & Experience required:
- BE/B. Tech Electrical/ Electronics
- 1-2 years of experience in testing of Electrical Switch gears.
Job/Req. ID: 090897
Location: Pune, MH
Join all India Electronics Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electrical Jobs WhatsApp Group