Plug Power is conducting an interview for the post of Mechanical Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the specification, analysis, testing and integration of mechanical and electromechanical components used in fuel cell systems. These components include: pumps, blowers, fans, compressors, heat exchangers, sensors, switches, solenoids, motors and motor controllers. This role requires close interaction with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams to ensure efforts are properly coordinated. The role also requires close interaction with the supply chain, quality, manufacturing and service teams to ensure that designs meet all cross-functional requirements. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to handle multiple project assignments and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced engineering organization.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with systems and electrical engineering teams to define requirements for a wide variety of mechanical and electromechanical components.
- Perform engineering analysis to define critical design parameters and predict design latitude.
- Create accurate, complete and concise engineering documentation to define critical component specifications and requirements.
- Develop statistically based test plans to optimize designs and verify design latitude.
- Write clear test results that can be used to verify engineering analysis and drive fact-based decisions.
- Coordinate design changes with the systems, electrical, controls and packaging teams.
- Perform tolerance analysis and maintain proficiency related to ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles.
- Lead design changes through the enterprise change process.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Plug Power products and related understanding of existing designs and functionality.
- Help to manage project schedules and resolve problems as necessary to deliver on product and functionality expectations.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering.
- Previous internship or work experience preferred.
- Experience with PTC Creo preferred.
- Experience with PTC Creo Simulate, ANSYS Mechanical and Star-CCM+ preferred.
- Working knowledge of Vibration, Thermal and Fatigue design is highly desired.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Mechanical systems expertise and troubleshooting ability.
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job/Req. ID: R1202
Company: Plug Power
Location: Gorubathan, West Bengal
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Mechanical Jobs WhatsApp Group