Hitachi ABB is conducting an interview for the post of R&D Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Technical and scientific proficiency and leadership – Demonstrating solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
- Technology direction – Understanding the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Innovation and creativity – Contributing to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- Projects, processes and tools – As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools.
- R&D context – Maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provides consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Knowledge transfer – Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results. Shows solid documentation skills and writes technical reports independently.
- Network and visibility – Participates in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in targeted area of expertise.
- Intellectual property (IP) and risk management – Has a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributes to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports. Identifies risks in R&D projects.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Diploma or B.E. (Electrical / Mechanical).
- Development & testing of AIS and GIS products (2 to 3 years experience).
- Basic knowledge of switchgear products.
- Working knowledge and understanding of various IEC / IEEE / ANSI / IS standards.
- Team spirit, assertiveness, and highly meticulous approach to work.
- Knowledge of Material and standards (ISO, DIN, IS) will be added advantage.
- Innovative & creative thinking ability.
- Exemplary technical writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communications as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
Job/Req. ID: IN50850875_E1
Company: Hitachi ABB
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram group