Apple is conducting an interview for the post of Manufacturing Quality Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- In this highly visible role, you will have the chance to create a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come.
- We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple’s renowned designs.
- Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase.
- Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve results-oriented specifications at extensive production scale.
- Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate cosmetic and dimensional part characteristics.
- Compile and evaluate data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process and part specifications
- Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields
- Work with internal and external groups to ensure that accurate definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product
- Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards
- Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes
- Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with partners
- Proven experience in manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Solid understanding of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, or similar
Job/Req. ID: 200232010
Location: Bangalore, KA
Job Category: Mechanical or Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
Join all India Mechanical Jobs Telegram group