Textron is hiring Field Engineers for their Bangalore office.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Incumbent will be responsible developing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope. He/she has limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Work is closely supervised. Incumbent should specific, detailed instructions to complete the task. Performs assignments designed to develop professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (CATIA/CCD and/or IAI HarnesSys/Mentor Graphics).
- Perform analyses requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
- Will utilize electronic test equipment to verify avionics and electrical systems meet design requirements and/or for system troubleshooting.
- Will write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. (Descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.)
- Prepare functional test documents for avionics and electrical systems.
- Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25.
- Will evaluate and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
- Electronic drafting experience with CATIA-CADAM (CCD), IAI HarnesSys/Mentor Graphics is desired, expereince with CATIA V5/V6 and VPM is helpful.
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint are required, Access and Project experience is desired.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- Experience with use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communications
- A good team player
- Problem-solving skills
- Cross cultural work experiences
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
Qualifications and Experience required:
B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aeronautical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Job/Req. ID: 291123
Location: Bangalore, KA