GE Power is conducting an interview for the post of Systems Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Developing & implementing advanced technology based PC Drive Controls solutions for NPI & OTR with accountability & collaborative engineering while dealing with ambiguity & uncertainty
- This role requires, in addition to closely interacting with internal & external customers, strong inclusive team player with outcome focus & willing to work in Agile methodology of execution
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- Develop application layer software of Drive controls for GE Power Conversion drives
- Define the application requirements, architecture, specification and/or design and validation of inverter drive systems and auxiliary control architectures.
- Develop ownership for next generation control topologies and implementation. Support the evaluation and conceptualization of new electric drives control technology and applications.
- Support integration of components with controllers onto Drives for various domains like O&G, Power Systems, Metal and Marine and resolution of electric drives SW reliability issues.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Phd/Masters degree in Power Electronics /Drives and Controls from reputed institutions
- Good understanding of C, C++, Matlab and Simulink, Ability to troubleshoot and identify coding structures to mitigate latency, performance and maintainability amongst other software engineers on the team.
- Ability and willingness to work “hands-on” in test labs and Customer sites
- Drive control and PWM techniques, DSP coding, MATLAB circuit simulation, real time simulation and Drive control Software
- Experience in software development & qualification for process industry
- Experience with system level validation testing
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Job/Req. ID: R3566095
Company: GE Power
Location: Chennai, TN
Job Category: Power Electronics
Join all India Electronics Jobs Telegram Group
Join all India Electronics Jobs WhatsApp Group