GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated Tapeout Operations Engineer to work in the permanent night shift as part of the Tapeout Center (TOC) group of the Global Tapeout Organization, based in Bangalore. Two months of On-The-Job (OJT) training will be given to the successful candidates before putting into the night shift. This job requires you to have a close working relationship and collaboration with internal teams such as Optical Proximity Correction (OPC), Frame, Tapeout Logistics and Integration (TLI), Product Life Cycle Manufacturing, etc., to provide exceptional tapeout services in the increasingly complex and competitive world of wafer manufacturing.
The roles and responsibilities will include engaging in routine Tapeout Operations jobs such as Design Rule Check (DRC), Mask DataPrep, etc. activities and assistance to the team to make sure RTM happens on time
- Work in a permanent night shift from 2:30am to 10:30am five nights a week. The weekends would be rotated across the team in a mutually agreed monthly/quarterly roster.
- After a 60-day on-the-job training (OJT), the candidate will be deployed on the production work-shift and will be expected to perform the tapeout operations activities independently
Engage in Routine Tapeout Operations activities such as DRC and DataPrep etc.
- Engage in Shift-to-Shift Hand-Off (Taking job on hand from US and Passing Down Job to IND Day Shift Engineers)
- To work closely with OPC Team, Tapeout Logistics & Integration Team, Tapeout Integration Team and Product Life Cycle Management Team for the facilitation of clean tapeout to mask RTM process.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BE/BTech) plus min 1 year of Industrial Experience with Specialization in Electrical (VLSI, Microelectronics and related) or Computer Science or Other relevant Engineering OR Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering branch with a min 3 years of Industry experience pursuing Engineering Degree is also eligible
- Language Fluency – Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Physical Capacity Demands – Available 24/7 throughout the year
- Exposure to Semiconductor Process or Layout Design Engineering
- Familiarity with Product Layouts, KERF or FRAME Design, EDA tools such as Cadence Virtuoso, Mentor Caliber are highly desirable
- Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies, opportunities, and continuous improvement
- Exceptional Spoken and Written Proficiency in English
- Should be flexible as a Team Player and motivated as an Individual Contributor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Job/Req. ID: 21002425
Location: Bangalore, KA
Join all India Electronics Jobs Telegram Group