GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated Tapeout Applications Engineer to work in the Global Tapeout Organization, based in Bangalore. The successful candidate will work with 100% quality and minimal cycle time in mind. This role requires a close working relationship with internal teams: Frame, Product Management, Release, Manufacturing, Field Application Engineers, Application Engineers, Customer Engineering, Process Design Kit (PDK), Process Owner (PI), DRC Review Board (DRB) etc.. Candidates also work on Logistics work of various PE Accounts of TLI Engineers and help them facilitate the work seamlessly with Foundry Customers to provide exceptional tapeout services in the increasingly complex and competitive world of wafer manufacturing. Critical duties include providing DRC services, debug DRC failures, submissions of design waiver and reviews, performing PE logistics setups and reviews. A Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and quickly evolving team environment. The candidate must help on Automation work initiated by TLI engineers and also on Continuous Improvement Projects such as TAT Efficiency etc.
Job will require some weekend rotations, holiday Coverage and some travel may be required. Candidates should be ready to work in “Tue-Sat” or “Sun-Thu” kind of shifts.
- Interact with other GF Internal Teams such as Frame and Fab Integration Engineers to provide DRC services, Step plan/Frame and waiver solutions/options to Customers
- Understand the Design Manuals and release note of the DRC package.
- Assist Fab, Field Engineers and Customer on DRC queries.
- Support Fab on ad-hoc DRC request during tapeout.
- Collaborate with World wide TLI and DTM Leadership Teams to develop and Implement work improvement methods or methodologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve cycle times.
- Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies, opportunities, and continuous improvement.
Has enrolled and is in either the final or pre-final year of his/her university degree courses in Master’s Degree (MS/MTech) or Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Science or Semiconductor Industry related Engineering or Physical Science.
Language Fluency – Proficiency in spoken and written English
Work Flexibility Demands – Available in unsociable hours throughout the year
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Exposure to Semiconductor Process or Layout Design Engineering
- Familiar with EDA Physical Verification tools from Mentor Graphics, Cadence or Synopsys.
- Scripting skills in Perl, Tcl/Tk and Linux shell.
- Exceptional Spoken and Written Proficiency in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies, opportunities, and continuous improvement
- Should be flexible as a Team Player and motivated as an Individual Contributor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact effectively with both external and internal customers at all levels and from various cultural backgrounds
Job/Req. ID: 21004084