Siemens is conducting an interview for the post of Open Loop Control Engineer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Engineering of control logics & programs for different FACTS solutions
- Establishing the test set up in the factory
- Configuration of hardware/software used for control systems
- Performing the tests of the hardware and software in the factory to validate the design
- Commissioning the FACTS installations at site in India and abroad
- Creating documents like design reports, test reports and operation & maintenance manuals
- Read, analyze and interpret power system event records
- Customer Support
- Innovate and work out new techniques and solutions
- Active collaboration with Siemens Energy, Germany and other countries
- Impart training to external parties like clients
- Work closely with other team members for development of solutions and testing & commissioning of systems
- Be willing to take over roles of other team members if the situation demands
Qualifications and Experience required:
- You should be a graduate (BE/B.Tech) in Electrical Power Engineering with power systems and power electronics as major subjects. Graduates in Electronics & Telecommunications engineering are not preferred.
- Understanding the behavior of power systems during transient and sub-transient conditions, different types of FACTS devices and their roles in the power system will be an essential part of the work.
- fiber optics
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams
- Knowledge of basic principles of protective relaying, control systems, power electronic devices (like thyristors and IGBTs), power equipment (like power transformers, instrument transformers, capacitors, reactors, circuit breakers)
- Knowledge on different communication protocols like IEC61850, IEC-104, IEC-101, DNP3.0, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of different cyber security measures
- Knowledge of IT networking
- Computer operating systems
- Programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Python, Visual Basics, etc.)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (preferably Siemens platforms using SIMATIC Manager)
- Knowledge of SICAM Device Manager/Tool box, WinCC.
- Knowledge of SICAM A8000 Hardware and its configuration.
- Having a previous experience of working on FACTS projects would be an added advantage.
- If you have experience of testing and commissioning of protective relaying devices.
Job/Req. ID: 261633
Company: Siemens Energy
Join all India Electronics Jobs WhatsApp Group