Flex is conducting an interview for the post of GBS Engineering Technician.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain component data and manufacturer information & approved vendor lists in global component database.
- Create a component database for all the Electrical/Electronic & Indirect materials Quality review of the component parameter attributes from datasheets.
- Provides guidance regarding part selection, design concepts, specification requirements, critical components and alternate sources.
- Validate AML and provide proper alternates if any discrepancies.
- Monitor Component EOL and manage the component obsolescence Part of a cross-functional team in implementing product component changes within the Company.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- B.Sc(ECS/Physics) or Diploma(EEE/ECE)
- Engineer in a BPO or Manufacturing set up.
- graduate with (0–2) years of experience as a
- Expert knowledge of electronic components and their applications to quickly evaluate the severity of EOL’s and PCN’s, and to evaluate potential alternates.
- Familiar with circuit design principles and board layout guidelines, identifying alternate parts and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of any design software’s like OrCAD, CIS, Allegro desirable
- Knowledge of any PLM software like Windchill, Agile.
- Working Knowledge of ERP, preferably BAAN
- Excellent written and oral communication skills MANDATORY.
- Knowledge of industrial regulations like RoHS ,REACH etc desirable.
- Should have good Microsoft Excel, Power Point & Word skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Job/Req. ID: WD116944
Location: Chennai, TN