Atkins is conducting an interview for the post of Graduate Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with strong background in database management and engineering analysis, who thrives on analysing and solving difficult problems? Are you drawn to complex problems and excited by the opportunity to develop and learn new skills?
If so, you might enjoy being part of a team delivering high profile projects for a variety of clients. You will be part of a dynamic team delivering exciting projects in the nuclear industry. You’re likely to be handling challenging engineering analysis and database processing tasks, so enjoying analytical problem solving is a must! The constant in this role is the complex nature of the job and the chance to provide innovative solutions to a range of problems for several clients in the nuclear sector.
You’ll be engaged in the development of engineering solutions to the nuclear industry’s most cutting-edge problems, so you’ll be making an important and rewarding contribution to the energy and environmental security of countries such as the UK and beyond.
If you are a self-starter who works closely with clients and internal teams to capture requirements and generates first-time-right deliverables for challenging data processing and engineering analysis problems, then we’d love you to apply.
Job duties and responsibilities:
You will work within small to medium-sized engineering teams. To benefit from the collective experience of the team, and drive innovative thinking, you’ll work in a collaborative and supportive office environment. You will bring a level of technical knowledge and enthusiasm to effectively perform tasks for multiple workstreams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Nuclear / Mechanical / Electronics / Electrical / Control & Instrumentation).
- High motivation for the role, drive to deliver and willingness to learn.
- An interest in developing your analytical problem solving capabilities.
- An interest in the engineering and safety intricacies of industrial operations.
- Ability to comprehend high-level technical documents in a detail-oriented manner.
- A commitment to our values of safety, integrity, collaboration, and innovation.
Please flag if you have experience in any of the following (but still apply if you might enjoy gaining that experience too):
- Experience of one or more programming languages such as Python.
- Experience of formal data management software, techniques, and tools.
- Experience of software-based and digital systems in safety or mission critical industries.
Job/Req. ID: R-085658